Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Kooky Poem of the Week!

The Bubblegum Dilemma

By: J.S. Martinez



My throat is full of bubblegum,
          I couldn’t snag it with my thumb.

I don’t really know now what to do;
          I think my face is turning blue.

I tried to speak out through the muck;
          It seemed the gum was just too stuck.

Drinking water helped me none;
          I fear the pain has just begun.

I pulled a snake out of my coat;
          I felt the gum slip down my throat.

To save my life, I could not wait
          so down my throat I stuck the snake.

It wiggled down and as it poked,
          I felt it oozing as I choked.

It snapped right on the big fat chew,
          that’s all it took to make me spew.

The gum slimed out all on my face,
          along with other toxic waste.

From this day on and ever more,
          I won’t chew gum while on the floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment