Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Author Spotlight

I was thinking of an awesome book that I read last year entitled the Beginning, Muddle, and End, by an author named Avi and let me tell you, its been very difficult to get this story out of my head.  That usually happens when you read stories dealing with detailed striking relationships between two pals.  Avi was born Edward Irving Wortis Dec. 23, 1937 in New York City and has a twin sister named Emily.  He has penned over 70 books for adults and children and is a winner of both the Newbery Honor and Newbery Award.  If you haven't read his books, they are a must!!  Ask your kids about Avi because I'm sure they've read his work.  In the mean time, check out some covers below and a link that will tell you more about this great children's book author.

http://www.avi-writer.com/





1 comment:

  1. The Man Who Was Poe sounds like a book I would read...I need to start reading more...

    ReplyDelete