Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Author Spotlight

This post is intended for teenagers and adults to read.
Although I am not a parent myself, I felt obligated to honor DAVE PELZER as my first author spotlight.  Why you may ask?  It's simple.  His autobiography about growing up with an abusive mother is perhaps the most detailed and saddening story I have EVER read.  I've met many people who ask me if I have read his books and I say "of course."  If you have the stomach for it, give it a try.  You won't believe some of his stories actually happened to him, but they did and that is what gives me the great pleasure of honoring Mr. Pelzer for his bravery and courage and letting us in on his life.

Click on the link below to read more about Dave Pelzer!

http://www.davepelzer.com/





1 comment:

  1. I believe I introduced his 1st book to you, Jesse (A Child Called It). I couldn't put it down...and that was only like the 3rd book I ever really read completely. His books were awesome to read. His inspiration to overcome all the odds against him and to become who he is today makes him a great person.

    ReplyDelete